Lentils are the most nutritious vegetables
Lentils are one of the most favorite food in the world. It is the legume seeds of a plant. Its botanical name is Lens culinaris. Lentils are originated from Central Asia but now it worldwide. It is classified according to whether they are large or small in size. It has a green or brown, black, yellow, red and orange color. These vegetables are round, oval or heart-shaped disks are small in size.
Types of Lentils
It has various types. According to Wikipedia
★ Beluga, black,bead-like shape, named for the resemblance to Beluga Caviar
★ Brown/Spanish pardina
★ French green (Lens esculents puyensis)
★ Dark/Light green
★ Yellow/tan lentils (red inside)
★ Red chief (decorticated yellow lentils)
★ Eaton green (small green)
★ Richlea(medium green)
★ Laird ( large green)
★ Mascot (brown-skinned lentils which are orange inside)
★ Big Mexican yellow lentils
According to the World Healthiest Food, it has wonderful flavor from other foods and seasonings are high in nutritional value. It’s an excellent source of molybdenum and folate. On the other hand, it is a good source of dietary fiber, copper, phosphorus, manganese, iron, protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, zinc, potassium, and pantothenic acid.
There are the following nutrients in 100g dry red lentils.
Sodium 5 mg
Potassium 1010 mg
Carbohydrates 60 g
Fiber 18 g
Soluble fiber 4 g
Insoluble fiber 14 g
Sugar 1 g
Protein 27 g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 10%
Health Benefits of Lentils
It is one of the best all-natural mast substitute food.
(1) It is a good source of filling fiber. It helps improve heart, digestive, and immune function by carrying waste, excess fat and toxins out of the body. Mediterranean diet, regularly eat this vegetable.
(2) It is one of the best sources of soluble fiber, which makes a man very beneficial for lowering cholesterol and preventing heart disease. Researchers have found, it prevents hypertension.
(3) It is one of the most alkaline protein sources, which is important for balancing the body’s pH level and it promotes a healthy gut environment. It also helps prevent constipation, IBS, inflammatory bowel diseases, diarrhea. It also help promote healthy bacterial growth.
(4) Research indicates that the high level of soluble fiber found in lentils traps glucose from carbohydrates and slows down digestion.
(5) It is considered one of the best sources of plant-based high protein foods.
Used in Beauty Care
Its paste mix with honey and yogurt, massage your body after 15-20 minutes well washed and you feel fresh.