Mach Telani: One type of Local dish of Bangladesh
Mach Telani is one of the famous local dishes in Bangladesh. Bangladesh has strong storage of Local dish item and it is completely different from other’s cuisine. Bangladesh has 64 districts and every district convey its own tradition, own foods style, foods recipe. So Mach Telani is not different. Mach Telani is the famous local dish of the Bagura districts of Bangladesh.
The people’s of Bagura districts also used one type of leaves which is locally known as Bandhani.
6 pieces of big Catla fish
Onion paste 2 tablespoon
Mustard seeds paste 1tabspoon
4 Green chili
Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
15 green chili (fried and grind)
Cumin powder 1 tablespoon
Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
Oil 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a Pan and add Onion paste and fry it until red.
- Now add all ingredients except cumin powder. and stirring sometimes. Add water if needed.
- After that add the fish pieces.
- Cover it and Reverse sometime.
- After that add some water and cook for some time.
- When it will bloom than add tomato. Then cook for 5 minutes.
- This dish will be thick.
- Before turn out of heat or flame add coriander leaves chopped and cooks for 2 minutes.
- Now remove from heat and serve with hot white rice.
Note: The people of Bagura districts, use One type of leaves which is locally known as Bondhoni. They used as it row leaves or it’s a dry powder. It brings an amazing fragrance. But we can also use coriander leaves.
Now enjoy the local dishes of Bangladesh in your cuisine.
Recipe & Picture courtesy: Kanij Fatema Panna
Translated by: Anjuman Ara
Read More Local Famous Dish of Bangladesh